View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #160
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

As a Raptors fan I'm not very happy with this move. We actually had a borderline star/perennial all-star want to stay in Toronto. Not only want to stay, but embrace the country and the team. I understand why for basketball reasons this trade was made. Your ceiling with Kawhi is higher, if he bolts, you clean up your cap earlier in a year where your young guys may be ready to step up. I get all that. But from a personal perspective this sucks. Winning championships are hard, only 1 of 30 teams will do so. This trade gives the Raptors a <5% chance at winning the finals? Maybe a 25% chance of getting there? Compared to a <1% chance of winning and maybe a 5% chance of getting there? I'd rather ride with the guy who wants to be here, committed to be here, even if we never make the finals, than take a shot at being great with a guy who doesn't seem to want to be here by giving up on one who does. Ringzzz aren't everything. It kinda feels like we broke up with our highschool sweetheart because a pretty lady smiled at us on the subway.

Last edited by nilodor : 07-18-2018 at 02:55 PM.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote