View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #167
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
I think it's a bit different than moving on from IT because he was only there for 1 year. We saw DeMar grow from a raw but talented athlete into a top 20ish player in the league. The best players we had before him, Vince, whined his was out, TMac, same deal, Bosh, left first chance he could. DeMar is the first who stayed. Imagine if Parish left, then Bird left, then McHale left all at their first chance, then Pierce comes around, want to stay and you send him off for a Garnett or someone like that. (I get that your guys are way better than who the Raptors have lost but bare with me...).

I have no doubt that if Leonard is engaged I'm going to love watching him play, I don't think it will change the way I feel.
Isaiah was here for 2.5 seasons/3 playoff runs & grew from afterthought/6th man to someone genuinely in the MVP discussion, so I think the growth was there, but yes he didn't go through free agency & we didn't have the history of star players wanting out. But Kawhi Leonard is so much better than DeRozan (and Kyrie!) and gives Toronto a real chance to win the NBA championship they didn't have with DeRozan. And while I like Poeltl some too, you didn't even have to give up Anunoby or Siakam or a real 1st round pick! And you got Danny Green too!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote