View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 05:07 AM   #10
Izulde
Head Coach

The accolades come pouring in:

What is this city, you ask? Male, the capital of Maldives - over 110,000 souls. One of the most densely populated places on Earth (next biggest city is 30,000+). Maldives is an interesting country - a scattering of islands that had a 1,400 year Buddhist period, but also was largely developed by a sultan and was a British protectorate. 100% of the population is Muslim (hence the names), as adherence to Islam is a requirement for citizenship.

That makes me wonder about foreign players - do they get an exception, or do they convert to get citizenship? And do they change their name?

Things to ponder. Judging from the tool tip, it looks like the standard 5 years for Maldivian citizenship, so I'll keep rolling with this and not jump ship to another team - I'm comfortable with what we're building here.

Transfer In - ST Hassan Athif (23) - From Thinadhoo
$20 P/A for 10 Dribbling, 11 Finishing, 10 Decisions, Off the Ball, Work Rate, and solid Physical attributes, including 11 Acceleration and Pace. He was a star player last season and will battle Mohamed Farish Ibrahim for a starting spot.

Player of the Year
Mohamed Farish Ibrahim runs away with the Player of the Year voting, 78% to Husny Rasheed's 14% (Really?) and Ahmed Ibrahim's 6%. Stunned Anas Mohamed didn't get votes.

Hurriya (MDV) also promoted up after winning the playoff.

As great as our talent poaching was last season, we need to do more of it if we hope to avoid relegation next season.

Our profits for the year are $7.85k with a $20k payroll to $18.45k gate receipts. The money will go up next season presumably in the top league, but I'd still like to control wages as much as possible.

Transfer In - MCR/AMR Ibrahim Ali (17) - From AYL
We're paying out an obscene $95 P/A for this kid with the 13 Acceleration and 12 Pace despite no other standout ratings because he's so well-rounded, whereas Ahmed Ibrahim is more great peaks and shitty valleys.

Oh, speaking of which...

Izulde Jestor Love
Ahmed Ibrahim

Red Line Love - Player
Mohamed Farish Ibrahim

Favored Personnel
Mohamed Farish Ibrahim - Player
Izulde Jestor - Manager

First time I've pulled that off in a single season.

The Maldives Dhivehi League jumps in the Asian competition rankings from 40th to 34th, which leads to this announcement:

Our $9.37k sponsorship cash is abominably low - [b]Riverside (MDV) topped the Second Division charts with $20k in dollars.

Despite our stunning promotion, we're still just 14th in the Maldivian club rankings, which is pretty shitty. No movement at all.

My pay goes up to $12k as a 15% promotion clause. Adam Fazeeh retires from playing soccer, but we ink him to a $3.5k one year deal to keep him on as assman. My other staff members get $100 more, and are making $550 this year.

Transfer In - DM/MC Mohamed Hassan (24) - From Mahibadhoo
He stunk at this level last year, but I'm still willing to pay $45 P/A for this guy - 11 First Touch, Tackling, and Technique, 13 Aggression and Teamwork, 11 Acceleration/10 Pace/10 Flair trio. I think he'll break out with us.

Transfer Out - DL/WBL Hassan Shifaz (27) - To Maziya - $7k contract
Devastating blow as we lose one of our top players and are hurting for backup options. This shit is just like when Mohamed Ibrahim left us last year, and we haven't been able to replace him at DR either, despite constantly looking.

Mohamed Yamin retains his captaincy while Ali Adam takes over as the new vice-captain.

Title Odds
Maziya: 1-3
New Radiant: 1-3
BG Sports: 7-4
Victory (MDV): 33-1
Red Line: 40-1
Valencia (MDV): 100-1

That's 5th out of 8 clubs. Yes, 8 clubs. We're going from an 18 game season to a 14 game one. Bottom team relegates and 7th place team is in a playoff for the right to stay. Champion goes to the qualifying round of the Asian Champions League, while 2nd place team goes to Asian Confederations Cup (the Asian version of Europa).

The board wants the following:
1) Top half finish in league (What are you smoking?!)
2) Quarterfinals of Maldivian FA Cup (Smoking x 2)
3) Presidents Cup (Group Stage only - finally something reasonable)

vs Victory (MDV)
G: Ibrahim Ifrah Ahreef
D: Ahmed Waheed/Moosa Hassan/Mohamed Yamin/Hushny Rasheed
DM: Mohamed Hassan (the new guy, not the other Mohamed Hassan)
M: Mohamed Visham/Ali Navaau/Ibrahim Ali
S: Mohamed Farish Ibrahim/Anas Mohamed

3 new starters - 2 upgrades and 1 forced downgrade.

1 - We suck at set piece defending 0-1

51 - Nooman for Moosa Hassan, and Farish Ibrahim sits in favor of Athif

52 - We really need a new keeper 0-2

64 - Ali takes the wingout pass on the right and cracks a high steamer into the box. Athif arises and smashes in a debut header to give us a fighting chance 1-2

88 - Welp, that's the ball game 1-3

Pretty unlucky season opening loss, all things considered. We'll just have to keep plugging away and try to snatch some wins here and there as we're not a good enough reputation team to bring in any big guns.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote