View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 01:44 AM   #853
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Now I spose I got to add them to the list of players to update too … :P.

I did a whole big rankings update and then accidentally deleted it. Don't feel like writing it again. Short version: 'Little John' Hart won Miami, with epic matches over Pargeter in semis and Karl Kaspar in the final. He's not waiting on anything, and is up to #8. Sbai is up to #3, and Chiba beat Dudwadkar soundly in Miami, is now 5th and looking to push higher. Last two years he's stumbled at RG early after winning a clay Masters, so that'll be key as the will KK's ability to repeat there. Still lots of the young players pushing upwards; Prachuab is 13th, Andrejova 14th, Henrikkson(31st) and 21-year-old Harald Balzer(29th, SWE) on the move as well further down. Also made a bad joke about not knowing how many of them have the Hart to succeed.

Amrik Kasaravalli is past the Amateur stage at 924th, preparing for his push into futures. He's actually a little ahead of Chiba's pace, which is surprising. My new players are about to take their first events when the week flips over. Ritwik Dudwadkar has new and unproven management, but he helped us beat Mexico 4-1 to complete a perfect trip through our group in the WTC. We'll see how things sit when we get to the knockout rounds a few months down the road.

The big deal now is seeing who steps forward in the clay season. If Karl Kaspar is going to crack, this will probably be the time.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote