View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #290
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

August 28, 2018

Had my latest MRI yesterday, and it was the first time I was a unnerved a bit by the tube.

A little background is in order to help with the explanation. I have broken my nose 6 times...which obviously makes it difficult to breathe at times, especially when I'm congested, which I've been for a while now, and I was yesterday. The tube I was in yesterday is an older one which is much smaller than the one I usually get scanned in. When I get scanned they put a brace over my head to keep it still and the front of it is about a inch from the end of my nose, in this tube the top above my face was only a few inches above the brace. Also, inside the tube the fan to keep air circulating was working, but it was broken and it couldn't be adjusted. The fan is normally nice, but unfortunately this time it was blowing right across my left eye and onto my nose, which only made it even more difficult to relax and catch my breath.

Laying inside the tube, knowing I was having a hard time breathing already and I was going to be inside the tube for an hour, I decided I needed out!

After a few minutes to relax, I had a cloth placed over my eyes, which also blocked the stream of air hitting my face, and I was able to relax a get the scan finished.

I won't know the results of the scan for a few weeks, which is hard, but hoping and praying for continued good results.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-28-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote