View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Planning out my draft strategy, and I'm down to 2 options:
  • Traditional Treefrogs 3WR-1RB "Spread Power" attack
  • Swarm 2RB "Power Passing" attack

It's a weird offense, but I really like spreading the offense out and then running the ball. I almost never invest enough into my WRs to get the most out of the passing potential, but I can usually do just enough that the defense has to respect it. That forces them to spread out to cover, which usually gives me the advantage in the running game.

on the other hand....

My experiment with the Swarm offense was FUN. I rarely run a 2RB offense, and I think I've just scratched the surface of what's possible. I can run a traditional power-running attack, or a RB-focused passing attack. I lose the ability to spread the defense against the run, but I gain flexibility in the passing game. Multiple RBs coming out of the backfield have shown to be pretty deadly against teams without LB talent.

Right now I'm leaning towards a 2RB package. I'll probably go with the exact same personnel package as the Swarm, 1WR-2RB-OL+. I just don't see me spending the draft picks on WRs that are needed for the 3WR packages. By the time I get an OL that I'm comfortable with, all that will be left are guys with 40 speed. You know I can't resist OL talent.

Here's a pic of the base 1WR-2RB-OL+ formation, along with the new-look Swarm uniforms. (In yellow) Don't ask why the Storm are all facing the wrong way.
Attached Images
File Type: png swarm.png (606.9 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by GoldenCrest Games : 09-19-2018 at 10:09 AM.
GoldenCrest Games is offline   Reply With Quote