View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #248
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
You think the way he acted is acceptable?

I am far from a "stay in your lane" guy, but he has a contract with the team and is exceptionally well compensated. It sucks he hates his situation, but holding out, being critical of your teammates, then making a spectacle at practice and yelling at your GM are not the way a professional acts.

"I have no problem with his process if his goal is to"

Note I did not give an goal of bending over backwards to make things work or to make things comfortable for anyone in the organization.

I will grant you the holding out is unprofessional. But the other stuff? I don't see it if that is they guy you bring in to add toughness, accountability and generally shake things up to the team. I will reckless speculate that Thibs had no issue with Butler's Kobe practice impersonation this week in the same way NFL coaches are not that upset about a training camp scuffle. I believe that is why he brought him in. Think about it. The same guy who held out, was critical of teammates, made a spectacle of practice and .was yelling at the GM came in the next day and called a players only meeting A meeting in which Butler either disparaged management (reportedly) or his teammates (speculation) again? The organization's response to the events the day before? Cancel practice.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote