View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #893
Christy
n00b

That was frustrating. Perez had beaten Stachovsky in the US Open and thought he could do it again. He proved he could though but also simply didn't. In position to win all 5 sets, only managed 2 of them. The draw was very nice to Perez here though it has to be said. He might sneak into a top 16 berth after that. Gains 135 points and a few ahead of him are not moving or falling backwards. Should get to 17th and Kaspar seems to have given up all singles matches.

A match that bodes well for the future but definitely would have been nice to get through. Especially as Solheim would have been a winnable quarter final. Need to figure out scheduling before IW now, a win might have kept me out of competition till then. Now might dip into the Argentine Open to keep up form.

You had me worried as my round 1 match was vs William Todhunter and I read your post right before the match! We also had a rematch against Il Sung Jung who was a rival when they were both juniors (Ollie Haas being the number 1 at the time).

Aas pushed Balzer (who also struggled vs an unseeded opponent in the 4th round).

Chiba is doing well though had a bit of an armchair ride to the quarter finals. Now he gets some serious tests to keep going to defend his title.

I expected Kasaravalli to lose vs Solberg. He returned fine against him (28% is not bad in that match up) but his serve seemed to go to pieces and Solberg ate him up badly.

We also had De Jong beat Dogic though the latter will remain ahead in the rankings.

Last edited by Christy : 03-03-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote