View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 03:59 PM   #84
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I had to make a choice, as I'm going to be out of town for a week. I thought it better to have everything in the ground and risk frost rather than asking someone to bring stuff inside and/or manage the greenhouse all weekend. Early tomorrow morning seems to be our last reasonable chance of frost. The low is forecast to be around 40, but that's in the main part of town. Typically, 37-38 in town means light patchy frost out here.
Given the amount of work it took (4:30pm to sunset Friday, basically sunrise to sunset Saturday, and 8ish hours total on Sunday,) I don't regret taking this particular weekend--when the wife and kids were out of town and I could therefore work uninterrupted and guilt-free--to do the heaviest lifting on the garden.

But crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS
Issued: 4:38 PM Apr. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service

...ISOLATED POCKETS OF LIGHT FROST POSSIBLE OVERNIGHT ACROSS SECTIONS OF THE PIEDMONT AND NORTHERN COASTAL PLAIN OF CENTRAL NC... Winds will subside overnight, permitting temperatures to fall into the mid and upper 30s by early Tuesday. Locations sheltered by the wind will stand the best chance of seeing pockets of light frost. Due to the expected isolated nature of the light frost, a frost advisory is not needed at this time.