View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #87
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

We did have some patchy frost yesterday morning. And by "patchy," I mean that within my blueberry bed, some of the pine straw had frost on it, some of it didn't. Anyway, glad I had the covers out there. Taking a look this morning, 24 hours later, it looks like some of the uncovered basil took damage, but may survive. Everything else appears unfazed. Yay!

Forecast calls for a low of 45 on Saturday night. After that, looks like it's "late spring" type weather moving forward. Lows all of next week are looking to be in the mid to upper 50s, with some days over 80.

I haven't gotten all of the seeds in the ground that I wanted for some of the companion plants, and I'm now starting to think that I'll just wait until we return from vacation for some things. Doesn't look like we'll get frequent enough rain next week to keep seeds near the surface moist, though the total should be more than enough for the stuff that's already growing, so I won't need a neighbor to step in to do general watering. I'll probably go ahead and plant the sunflowers today, since they're an inch deep, but wait on the shallow-sow stuff.