View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #201
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
2. Drew had his first trip to the dentist on Saturday. It's a kid dentist place, which is great to begin with. But he did really good with the whole things, which is very encouraging.

Awesome! Anthony is the same way. He responded to the news that he had a dentist appointment last week by pumpign his fist and saying "YES!" I'm happy to see that, but wow is it baffling

I am going through some dental issues myself after a couple of years of not going(I've had 5 or 6 appointments in the last 4 months and have 3 or 4 more still to go, with a root canal looming). I really need to watch myself when I talk about how freaking terrified I am of the dentist with Anthony around, since its a good experience for him.

Quote:
How's everyone else doing?

Pretty good, the usual disclipline issues are about it I think. Homework issues(do it right, don't do it as fast as you can, if you can't read it, then its not done right, picking up after yourself issues, don't leave your favorite pair of flip flops where the dog can get to them and rip them to shreds), but reading this thread is a good reminder that in the grand scheme of things that we're dealing with a pretty carefree childhood and that Oliegirl and I are two very lucky parents.

The next couple of weeks are big ones as far as father/son events go. This weekend is the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Last year we had no idea what we were doing and had one of the 3 or 4 slowest cars(out of 60 or 70 or more). This year we have a better idea but have still put stuff off to the last few days, which I was hoping would not happen! Most importantly though we have the car design that Anthony wanted, and he's looking forward to the races this weekend.

The week after that is another big Cub Scout event, a 2 day trip to Space Camp in Huntsville, AL. I'm more excited about that than he is, but once we get there I'm sure he'll be amazed the entire time.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote