View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #224
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Am I the only one who has a problem with that show? It seems like that little punk Caillou gets away with murder. If he were my kid, some of the stuff he does on that show would earn him a swift kick in the ass. But his parents seem to be totally OK with it.

Bubba's favorite shows are that mexican dragon cartoon on Sprout, and anything with Elmo in it.

Actually, any sort of talking animal gets his attention.

Anthony has outgrown Caillou, but I couldn't stand that show when it was on...he seemed very whiney to me.

A year or so ago Anthony seemed to develop a bit of an attitude problem, we started paying attention to the shows he was watching and noticed that quite a few of them had parents which were portrayed as "stupid" (Fairly OddParents being the worst offender) and where the kids had massive attitude (Ed, Edd and Eddy)...we/I banned Ed, Edd and Eddy and we seriously monitored how much time he spent in front of the TV and made sure that when he was watching, he only saw Fairly OddParents in small doses. We also talked to him and made it clear that it was NOT ok for him to talk to us like those characters talked to their parents. It only took a week or so for the attitude to go away, but I still won't let him watch Ed, Edd and Eddy - that has to be the worst show ever! I wish there were more older kid friendly cartoon shows that portrayed family/parents as a positive thing instead of showing us as idiots who don't know or don't care about what is going on with their kids.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote