View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #243
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

glad to hear it's been going well for other people as it's been going pretty well for us too, just kind of felt bad coming in and posting the good times when people are often having rough times

Anyway, Matthew is going through his terrible twos phase with some times more tantrumy than others but in all, he's just so damn charming, it's hard to stay mad for very long. He never ceases to amaze us with new sentence that he put together. He's now 27 months old and it's impressive how well he makes himself understood and how much he likes to speak and explain stuff. It wasn't like that with Andrew but to his defense, Andrew spent the first 18 months of his life in the States, thus hearing both English and French at times while Matty was born in Quebec and is for now only learning French.

As for Andrew, after earning great compliments about his behaviour at school, he's relapsed into the small noise making and such but he seems to understand that it's not acceptable and that he'll have to work on it. He's really maturing, now at 9 years of age, and never was it more obvious than in last week's karate competition. He brought home a 1st place in traditional kata and a second place in fighting (lost in the final after winning three straight fights). Since I often practice with him, I had kind of seen him improve in the last few weeks, but mommy was flabbergasted with the change from the last competition she'd seen in him, only a month ago. His strikes are stronger and more precise, his attitude is better, etc.

Here are two videos of him in action if you wanna see, his traditional kata, called Circle of the Tiger and his bo kata, which has no name since it was made up by our teacher. As a proof of him changing and such, we used to have the same bo kata until our teacher showed me some different strikes to add to it. Well, he asked me to show him the strikes so he could have them too. Yeah, there was a part of "I wanna do like daddy" but there used to be a time when once set with something, he would disturb that thing unless he really would have had to.

In other news, we're getting ready for one hectic Summer since Andrew has just started indoor socce practices, in preparation for his second season with the city's competitive U9 squad (4th season of soccer overall) and after getting a flyer about and hearing about his friends signing up for it, he's asked us to sign him up for the kid's football league that is being started this Summer. It's an 8 to 12yo league with kids grade 3 and 4 playing together and kids grade 5 and 6 playing together. This means we should have about 5 nights of 5 filled with sports in any given week. As sachmo said, it's gonna be tiring but hey, we're the parents, who cares if it's tiring, as long as kiddo is happy and having fun

FM