View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 03:23 AM   #67
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Since I'm just sharing as we go on SoD2, I'll throw this out. My son is roughly 2x as far along as me in-game, I'm at like Day 9, he's somewhere around Day 16-17 or something. His comment -- which I guessed correctly before he finished making it -- was that he didn't feel like the main story (whatever it is) was moving hardly at all. That "there's nothing really going on except killing plague hearts & helping NPCs".

That might not be problematic to him -- and certainly not to me -- if the base-building aspect was more robust. But it's simply not. You have limited building slots available, meaning you don't have much to do with your base except constantly chase basic supplies (lumber/materials, ammunition, food, meds) in fetch quests or stumbling around the map.

He's at double my playing time and that has led to him learning about the existence of the game's apparent mcguffin & meeting one named character (i.e. someone connected to the main storyline) more than me.

And to this point there's not been enough clues to how to move the story for him to know whether he is supposed to be changing maps in order to progress or if there's simply a time element / kill count to wait out or what.

I don't dislike the game, but after some hours the limitations do feel like they're becoming kind of apparent. It's nowhere near "AAA title" material and a times it feels like those limitations are kind of obvious.