View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:28 PM   #42
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 11
Back again…

Damn, these students with scholarship requests due to playing time are persistent. How many different ways can I spell NO? Go away! I don’t play TCY to get spammed, so stop it. Go get jobs as telemarketers. That’s gonna be your level of employment once you get done playing for me anyway, so you might as well just start now. Delete. Delete. Pain in the ass underclassmen.

Recruiting
Still nothing! I would start to get nervous, but I know that the Good God Gindin is on our side, so I fear no evil. I shall trust in his power to bring to us the tools we need for success. Omm. Come to South Bend. Ommm. Come to South Bend.

With nothing else to do with Notre Dame’s travel budget, I pester Mr. Gray with visits and phone calls. We’ve now visited him 43 times and called him 44 times.

Game 8
Pregame
Big game. We’re #25. Tennessee is #29. Should be a good one.

The result
We give up 383 yards of air offense to Tennessee in another strong 30-14 loss! We fell behind early and were down 20-3 at the half, so this was a comfortable one to watch. A strong performance by QB Dawkings (12-28, 1 int) led us, but it really was a team effort. No real standouts, just lots of people contributing with mediocre to poor performances. Having said that, the first half was a battle of field position, and punter Don Stephens once again came through, consistently shanking kicks to give Tennessee solid field position that allowed them four first half scoring drives. Congratulations, Don, for your play today we present you with the Quiksand Game Ball. Way to go, Don! You wouldn’t have gotten one of those as a linebacker!

Record 5-4
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote