View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #67
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The best thing that could happen is a complete reimagining of the interface. Keep the functionality, but completely rethink how and where to display things. I think a good revision would probably remove as many clicks as it adds, but the ideal result would be a better looking, simpler, easier to follow interface that would appeal to those new to football text sims.

There are things like the Grey Sheet/Green Page/QB Coterie that could be made into a much more prevalent feature in the game by just spicing them up a bit and making them easier to find.

One idea I think would be a great addition would be to make the calendar dynamic. When it is Staff Retention time, The calendar could change to a highlighted list of relevant links to things of interest for that stage in the game: Coach records, team rankings, last seasons power rankings, what have you. During Free Agency the Grey Sheet could be featured, along with the draft report and other necessary stuff.

This puts all the pertinent stuff (and maybe some things players rarely see) right there in broad daylight for the new user. They're no longer staring at a page of almost 100 text links trying to figure out what is where. I think that alone would take that entry barrier for new and on-the-fence players from about 20 feet high to about chest level, figuratively speaking.

FUCK EA