View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #865
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I've found on this version it is crucial to recruit guys to your coaching style rather than just going after the highest rated players. On the original FBCB I'd just get the highest rated guys and blend them together and make it work, I tried that my first few careers with the new FBCB and got canned the first 3 tries.

The last 2 careers I've started I've recruited guys that can fit my gameplan and that has translated to a lot more success.
I'm not educated enough about college basketball to feel informed in customizing my gameplans and training decisions, so in this current (first) career I'm relying on the "recommended" button to get me through.

That said, I do prioritize recruits that are strong defensively, and I like my big men to be able to rebound (more so than score) and my wings to be good shooters. Nothing ground-breaking there I know, and many of the higher-end recruits have those attributes, but when I find myself down to plan-B and plan-C guys, I'm definitely looking for the strong defensive players and ones that can steal the ball.

I'm hoping that when I start my next career I feel like I have enough grasp on the game and basketball strategy that I can start customizing my gameplans and training decisions.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote