View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 10:53 AM   #54
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhe
Just want to point out that you accept the theory "there are legions and legions of perfectly sane and rational people who have said much the same thing after seeing barn owls, the planet Venus, heat mirages, weather balloons, bear cubs, hobos, and all manner of perfectly explainable stuff" without the same kind of proof that this is indeed the case as you expect for the theory you regard as less likely.

What you probably meant is that you have read that there are legions of these easily deluded folk. But do you know whose interpretation of events you've gotten?

I don't bother with that anymore.. I go out and look for evidence myself.

No. . . I believe that MANY of them can be explained by basic psychology. I'm not talking about all of them, but many of them.

Go out and look at a tree. See all the pretty leaves? Realize that many of the leaves you see are made up images in your mind. The ones you aren't focusing on directly are filled in by your mind the way it thinks it should be.

So a lot of them can be explained.

That said, good for you. Fight the fight and get the proof. I hope you prove the existence of Bigfoot. I'll be first in line to buy a copy of your book as to how you broke the story.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote