View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #95
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat
I have a friend who is a wildlife artist who is also into cryptozoology. A few years ago, he was investigating a bigfoot type creature that has been seen in Eastern Oklahoma near the Arkansas border. He talked to a lot of people who claimed to have seen it, but none of them said they would go public because they didn't want to be be labeled as kooks. He also talked to a pair of good 'ol boy brothers who lived with their families out in the woods. They say they have seen several different creatures while hunting. They also claim to have shot one, but were driven away from the carcass by the others, who they said made God-awful noises and threw large stones at them. When they returned later, they said the body of the thing was gone. They said for several weeks following the incident, the things would come during the night and throw large rocks at their houses and one apparently threw a large tree branch through the windshield of their pickup truck. They would grab their guns and run out on the porch with flashlights, and the things would disappear into the woods. Things would settle down, but a few hours later they would return and begin the harrassment again. Needless to say, they didn't get much sleep during that time. After a few weeks, they say the incidents stopped and they say they haven't seen any of the things since. However, they can still hear them "hooting" in the deep woods every now and then.

No offense but this story is patently absurd. I'm not saying it's not true but it fails on so many levels.

The obvious though is that two good ole boy hunters, with the chance to bag the most legendary creature next to the loch ness monster, let these things mill around their property for several weeks and all they thought to do was run out on to the porch with guns and flashlights?

For weeks?

Come on, they'd have set up an ambush or set traps or something. They'd have brought down a creature.

But wait. Lets think deeper. They know that they have killed a rather large unknown and unidentified primate and it's equally unknown friends are extremely pissed off about it and attacking their homes and they are that nonchalant about it?

There's no way to know what such a creature would be capable of and it's already damaging your property. Who's to say that they dont come in at night quietly ( they are faster and quiter than us you know ) and kill them. No one is to say because no one has ever seen one and has no clue what it'd do.

Would you live for weeks with this threat literally out your backdoor?

There's more but I can't see any of this as being plausable. I think it was the local boys taking the educated city slicker on a snipe hunt. Sorry.