View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 10:30 PM   #275
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I don't say any of that to try to guilt anyone or to be a concern troll. As I said, the smaller seat in economy class is a feature not a bug of the airline industry to force you to upgrade if you want to be comfortable. I am just saying things may not turn out the way some may hope if the idea is to punish the fat people by making them pay more. As I said, the American public is becoming more and more obese and the airline seats are getting smaller and smaller. I have taken four plane trips over the last six months or so. As of a couple months ago, I could still fit in my exit row aisle seat pretty comfortably though I did take a long look at traveling first class because the eight hour flight in economy to London is starting to become less than ideal for my 6'4 270 lb frame nowadays. And let me tell ya, fat people are flying all over the damn place. If all the fat people and people who just want extra room are buying seats on a plane two at a time, where is everyone else suppose to seat?

Which will happen first? No one will be able to fit in any airplane seat because they are too big or everyone who is on a plane will have paid for two seats because none of them could fit in one.

I don't fly Jet Blue but maybe they can be the catalyst for change.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...r-new-aircraft
Quote:
JetBlue is promising "incredible onboard comfort" on its Airbus A220-300 aircraft.

The carrier took delivery late last month of the first of 70 A220s it has on order. It plans to begin using the planes on some flights during the spring before entering it into scheduled service in mid-June on its Boston-Fort Lauderdale route.

The cabin will feature 140 seats in JetBlue's first two-by-three configuration. Seats will be 18.6 inches in width, the widest in JetBlue's fleet with the exception of its business class Mint seats. The aircraft will have 22 rows of standard seats with a separation between rows, known as pitch in industry parlance, of 32 inches. That's the same pitch as JetBlue has on its reconfigured Airbus A320 planes but two inches less than the carrier offered in its original A320 interiors.

Six rows of Even More Space seating will have 35 inches of pitch.

In a Tuesday announcement, the airline said its A220 will have contoured seatbacks at knee level to create a sense of additional space.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-19-2022 at 10:30 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote