View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #86
aztarheel
High School JV

Posted by: yanksare

Tuscaloosa News March 1, 2015

Sheriff’s Roundup

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Welcome back ya’ll to the Sheriff’s Roundup. This special edition I like to call the Roundball Roundup. We have witnessed a compelling season for the Tide under Coach Steve Victory this year. He has the boys poised for a run at both the SEC and wait for it, wait for it, the NCT championships.

I haven’t seen such excitement here in the South since the tapes surfaced from that fateful spring night in 2003 in a hotel room with a certain unnamed football coach and a certain untamed exotic dancer. But I guess that is another story.

I predict big things for the #9 ranked Crimson Tide. With 8 players leaving after this year, I don’t think Victory will have a better chance in the near future to take his boys a long way in the big one. The biggest problem Victory has now is trying to keep his team healthy. With McWilliams and Lekivicius both hurt the coach will have to be crafty with his subsitutions.

As all my faithful readers know I have not always been supportive of Victory. Let’s just say that our time in Charleston together was not always collegial. But being the stand up kind of guy I am, I will be the first to admit that the coach has done a nice job this year. Now, let’s see if he and his team can Roll on through the tourneys.

Until next time, this is the Sheriff reminding all of you to tip your servers on the way out.
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote