View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #226
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I took four captains with me today. I'm now in a position to get all the boys out there for two games, so I'll go with four the rest of the season. It's not a huge deal, but I wanted to be sure all the boys had equal opportunities to see and feel what it's like to be the 'captain'. Today's captains were David, Noah, Ryan, and Jacob.

By the way, Nolan's mom called him in sick today.

We won the toss, our first toss win since opening day. Good call, Jacob! We defer and kickoff. Of course, our kickoff isn't a kickoff. It turned out to be a poor onside kick as well. Jacob kicked it 8 yards. Fortunately, a Raider tried to jump on it. It squirted out and Ray recovered yet another kick.

We come out running sweep. Bryce lines up outside the left tight end as a wing. Ideally, he runs straight to the other side of the field, taking the ball from the quarterback in the process. Instead, he lined up 2 yards off the end, ran back another yard or two as he ran to the other side of the field, and lost 3 yards.

We run the sweep the other way. Carlos gets it done for 19. Sweep with Bryce, with similar issues, and we lose 4. Another sweep for Carlos and it's apparent Carlos is winded. He got a yard. Out he goes and in comes JD.

I call 24 Power, only Bryce (! Come on, kid!) lines up completely in the wrong spot. I burn a timeout. 3rd and 13, I decide to go Wedge instead. Connor and company get me 4 yards with it. The wedge, by the way, showed a lot of promise. 4th down, I give JD a chance on a sweep, he gains a yard and we turn it over on their 34.

Three plays later, JD causes a fumble and his brother Nick recovers it.