View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #234
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I hear it from the other coach when Jacob kicks it onside once again. As I walk off the field with Jacob, I point out how mad the other coach is at me for what he's doing. I still don't think it's sunk in. Hunter will kick the next kickoff, that much I know for sure.

I call a time out when I can't find a player, turns out Alex was in the bathroom. Better to be safe than get a 15 yard penalty.

JD makes a tackle for no gain, a fumbled pitch loses 7. The Raiders finally break off a big run, which was a combination of David playing poorly at linebacker and my defensive end Nick taking a play off. Unbelievably, Layne makes the tackle 25 yards down the field coming from the farside. He saves the touchdown.

Layne's work is rewarded. A fumbled snap is easing pickings for JD. He recovers it.

We start the fourth quarter.

Connor carries for 2 on the wedge, his first carry in the half. JD carries on a Power for 31. He broke three tackles before finally being taken down.

With Noah taking over at quarterback, Alex at right guard, and Jacob at fullback, Carlos takes it on a 45 Power the final 34 yards for the score.

Hunter's kick attempt was definitely harder, although no more accurate than the others.

43-0, Vols.