View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #128
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

We had practice for 20 minutes on Tuesday. There was a lightning flash, and I had to call it immediately. All it did was rain from that point on, but there was no way I would risk it. In my experience, the teams that only have one practice a week play BAD on Saturday. We will see.

We have the Panthers this week, who, talent-wise are about equal to the Hawkeyes, who we played and slipped by the first week. We will have to play well to win.

The coaches on the Panthers stormed the field last week. (These are the Top Gun coaches, read one of my first post about them). The bigger one has been suspended for a game and the head coach is on probation. Apparently, the refs called the game after the coaches threatened them. At least they are living up to the opinion I had of them early in the season.

I am in hopes we can get a 2 score lead so I can put Thomas in at QB. Tyler will be out for the biggest game of the season because his dad wants to take him to an LSU game. This dad is also my assistant coach. The game next week with the undefeated Colts will probably determine if we are Bracket A or B and he pulls his kid to go to a college game. Nice, real nice. I am dedicating God knows how many hours to this trying to get the kids to a level of success and he jeapordizes it. I will have to think really hard if I want to bring him back on the team next season. He is good, (the little kid scoring the long runs) but this is just wrong.

I scheduled a scrimmage against the very good Longhorns next Tuesday. I am going to rep Thomas the entire time, and have been giving thoughts about using Ryan at RB a little. Just a feeling I have. He is a 100 pounder and so is Brenton. Maybe a black and bruise offensive scheme for the Colts. Something to think about.

We need a good practice tonight.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 10-16-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote