View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #143
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
We won 6-0. It went almost exactly like I thought it would. I have never been more happy about any football game I have ever been a part of. This team was way bigger than us, they were poor sportsmen (calling our kids fags and gays on the line of scrimmage), and they were undefeated and unscored upon.

The defense rose to every challenge, and Brenton made a couple of gutsy 4th down runs to move the sticks late. I ran to the right every play of the night, and then with 1:36 left at the 50, I ran 43 reverse to Garret from the wingback spot and he went to the house. They came back and got to our 10 on 2 long runs on Austin's side, and then we came up big.

We beat this team on sheer guts and heart, and now we find ourselves at 4-1 and looking like a real team to think about.

Early in the season when I thought we were a 1-2 win team, we really were. A total re-dedication to the fundamentals have given us hope that can be a pretty good team. We just have to believe in ourselves. Starting with the head coach.

10-12-2008, 03:00 PM #118
BYU 14
College Benchwarmer

Congrats on the win Senator, the next four games could really surprise you. You work so much on fundemantals I have a feeling your team will be closing any talent gaps that may exist fairly quickly.

I called that one eh?

Great win Senator!! I really did expect it though from reading about our pratices and the amount of time you put into preparation. Looks like you are sitting poised for a good run when the playoffs roll around. Keep 'em rolling!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote