Radii
Head Coach

Recruiting Preview

We're losing 4 seniors:

PF Delic - 80 OVR, starter, key player

C Sessoms - 72 OVR - starter, lots of height

PG Flowers - 65 OVR - backup, other recruits have outpaced him

PF Danelius - 75 OVR - backup

So we're losing a PG that is being relegated to the far end of the bench most likely, and 3 big men, two starters.

We've got 4 scholarships to fill.

2 of our scholarships must go to big men. We've only got 2 PF/C types returning. In a disaster scenario Lufkin and House could both start and play SF/PF since House is 6'9" now but I'd be much happier recruiting 2 natural big men.

We don't have any specific needs anywhere else. Next year House and Cooper will be seniors. As a result, it would probably make the most sense to try to land a center, PF, SF, and SG. But in reality, I think making sure I get two big men, and otherwise, best available player is probably fine.

We have 3 PF's on our target list worth looking at.

PF Lloyd Bright - 4* - #94 OVR - 55% interest. We're 6th on his list. He doesn't have any big schools going after him. Stony Brook and Canisius are his top two schools right now. Since we'd been calling him throughout his junior season I think it makes sense to make a run at him.

PF Nathan Grundy - 3* - #292 OVR - 72% interest. He's 6'11" which immediate attracts our interest. He wants to stay near home, BUT, its not his #1 priority(playing time is). So I think we'll go ahead and make a run at him too. We're competing against Troy and Georgia State here... not UGA or Georgia Tech or anything.

Next I check out Mr Basketball in Ohio. He's a 4* guy, #7 PF(though only 6'6"), and he has nearly maxxed interest in Ohio State, Michigan, Xavier and Louisville. this is not the year to try to get Mr Basketball in Ohio.

There's a 3* Center out of Chicago, 6'10" Francis Holt(#161 ovr/#10 C), who has 78% interest in me starting out. He has higher interest in some schools like Indiana and DePaul, so if they like him we're screwed, but the initial interest is high enough that we can easily get him to 100% before the early signing period, and if no one else offers, maybe we get lucky.

There's not nearly as much interest at the other 3 positions. I scout a few guys to see who looks the best for me.

I end up offering my 4th scholarship to 3* SG Adrian Elias, #240 OVR, Mr Basketball in kentucky. He's a long shot with some major conference schools at the top of his list. But, none of the other guards/forwards look quite as good. So we'll take our long shot and if we can't land him during the early signing period, we'll be prepared to work hard on backup targets.

I don't think I have a prayer at all 3 big men I'm offering. I just hope to land 1 in the early signing period to take some pressure off the rest of the season.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote