View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 12:20 AM   #127
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm kind of at a standstill until I can name roads, which is kinda dumb but that's just what I want to work on right now. I did rebuild the bus lines, but I had to disable some mods that I think were preventing the lines from actually starting to work. If not, I'll delete the lines and eventually start again.

It's also possible that we can just ditch bus transit altogether in this city for now and just have gnarly traffic for a while if it leads to that and then eventually try to rework the bus situation once I can effectively map roads better.

The real problem with bus lines is a lot of the neighborhoods are very winding and it makes it hard to create linear routes throughout the area to me. I'm just also really loathe to create lots of small lines that feed into bigger ones because I might find it tedious or perhaps I'd like to be sure it's working first before going further.

So I dunno, I'll test what I've done now and see if it takes without mods loaded and if not, I'll need to try again a different way.

Sidenote: For the purposes of my basketball sims I'm playing right now, Helensburgh/Ameliaville is going to be a major city based in Montana. It's more realistic than when I try to stage things out of Wyoming and there are at least two D1 basketball programs there, so I'll be intrigued that if we ratchet up the talent out of Montana over time whether those programs will benefit or not.

It won't even just be talent from our area, but from other cities around the state.

I won't really be editing ratings because that's way too tedious in FBCB, I'm just going to rename guys and move game-generated guys to Montana essentially and then see how the game reacts to this talent infusion into that state over the years.

I might eventually put an NBA expansion team there too, because I have a spot for them and I think the story is leading me in that direction.

I need a census of all of the high schools in the city first, so that's my next project since I can actually do that.

The MSA population (agents converted to people) is over 4.3 million, making Ameliaville-Helensburgh, MT MSA the 13th largest MSA in the country sandwiched between Riverside and Detroit if you look at the current numbers. It's nearing the Phoenix/Atlanta comparisons of sprawling city and has surpassed Denver as the 2nd largest city in the Mountain West after Phoenix. If you're trying to map your way there, for the purposes of this storyline, just use Haxby, MT because the only water situation that resembles the map I have in any real way in Montana would be just there near the Missouri River, which I'm good with it being a river city.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-16-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote