View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #152
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevStar View Post
PROGRESS (1/1 - 1/8)

I'm kicking myself for waiting for the new year to start this & applaud you guys in this thread for starting last year, without waiting for a calendar change to catalyze you.

Eating was not as good. I do well until about 10 pm, when I find myself starving & binging on a late-night snack, usually chips & guacamole. I'm going to try to correct that by eating more during breakfast & lunch, since I probably wasn't eating enough before.

For me, it was getting through a move and passing the Kentucky Bar that removed enough stress from my life to allow me to concentrate on losing the weight. So there was a change in my life, it just wasn't on the calendar. Whatever gets you motivated...

As far as the late-night munchies, you'll just have to work hard at it. I stay up late, usually until midnight, so this was hard. Here are my best tips for nighttime:

1. Try not to eat anything after 8pm, earlier if you go to sleep at 10 or before. The latest I eat a snack is between 8:30 and 9 on the nights I workout, and even then, I eat my snack before I shower to get it over with.

2. Drink lots of water to fill you up. This doesn't just apply to nighttime, either. I drink as much water as I can handle all day long. Alternatively, I've turned into a tea freak since the diet started, you could drink tea to add some flavor if you need it. And tea is a diuretic, so it helps your weight loss. Green tea is the best kind to drink (although I don't limit it to green).

3. Eat mints/chew gum. Same rationale as the water/tea. I've also become mint-crazy since the diet started, and there are tons of great-tastes no/low cal mints out there.

4. Brush your teeth early every night. Snacks don't taste quite so good in a minty mouth.

In general, get into an eating routine as best you can. During the work week is extremely easy for me now, because I've gotten into a routine for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and daily water intake during work hours that keeps me on track. I basically choose from the same sets of food/calories for each meal. Once I get home, all that's left is dinner and evening snack. Much easier to control when you've only got 2 meals as "wildcards." Weekends take more resolve to keep under control, but with weight loss, it's all about resolve.

Hope this helps!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-10-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote