View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #154
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So I got my blood work results back yesterday, and I'm pretty damn happy about them. Given my diet for the past several months, I somewhat expected that my cholesterol would be good (it better be!), but it was even better than I expected.

Here are my results:

Cholesterol - 113 (goal is <200)
Triglyceride - 49 (goal is <150)
HDL - 44 (goal is >40)
LDL - 59 (goal is <130)

For comparison, here are the results from my blood test from 2003 that I posted about previously, from when I was on Atkins:

Cholesterol - 175
Triglyceride - 70
HDL - 46
LDL - 115

Everything is much, much better other than my HDL level, which is about the same. The odd thing about the HDL is that I've pretty much done everything there is to raise my HDL level that is recommended. I'm wondering if my HDL level dropped during the past 3 years, and the new reading is actually an improvement from where it has been, but not compared to where it was in 2003. We'll have to see where it is in a year, but that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote