View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #168
NevStar
High School Varsity

WEEK 3

Had a very good week--omitting Sunday, where I allowed myself some chips & guacamole while rooting for the Bears. Worked out everyday Tues thru Saturday. Getting into a routine, which is good, I think.

Since Radii posted about WoW, I'll add that I got rehooked on WoW in December, and was convinced that I could keep my subscription & still lose the weight that I wanted. That idea quickly dissolved, and I quickly decided I would just stop cold turkey. I've also watched much less TV (and will watch even less once the football season is over). As uninteresting as it will make me seem, I feel like I need to keep focused on a healthy lifestyle.

I watched this Primetime special last week about people with morbid obesity. They featured this guy who weighed about 800 pounds, lost over 600 pounds, then promptly gained it all back. He's living in an assisted living home for the obese, now. He said something that had a great impact... "How successful would a recovering alcoholic be if he had to take three sips of alcohol a day, in order to live?" I'm always going to struggle with food, even if I make it down to my goal weight. And it's an interesting thought, to compare me with a recovering addict. Which is why I think I need limit the "cheat days," limit the unhealthy time sinks, and stay focused... to avoid a relapse.

RESULTS

When I stepped on the scale this morning I was temporarily worried that one reasonably bad day would supress a week's worth of effort. But, I had nothing to worry about:

Starting Weight (1/1/07): 445
Last Week's Weight: 434
Current Weight (1/23): 426 (-8)
Total Weight Lost: 19

Last edited by NevStar : 01-22-2007 at 11:45 AM.
NevStar is offline   Reply With Quote