View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #22
Radii
Head Coach

November 29th, 2014

Exeter City (6-6-7, 14th) vs Newport County (6-7-6, 13th)

We're just 1 point behind Newport so a home win vs them would be pretty nice. Newport's Rene Howe leads them with 7 goals. ST Aaron O'Connor has 4 in games, no one else has more than 1. They have three CM's with decent average ratings in league play so far, but we have no scouting info on any of them.

GK: Pym (57)
LB: Garmston (61)
CB: Butterfield (58)
CB: Moore-Taylor (58)
CB: Baldwin (60)
RB: Ribeiro (63)
CM: Sercombe (62)
CM: Oakley (58)
CAM: Keohane (57)
ST: Armstrong (62)
ST: Cummins (58)

Despite saying I felt like I was probably happy with my lineup for awhile, I start Cummins over Seager.

8': Ugh, I have to stop falling behind early, we allow a shot from inside the area, off the post, and they get a striker to the rebound for the finish. Goal scored by Chapman, only his second in league play. 0-1

12': Garmston tries a cross, headed out, we recover, reverse play over to Ribeiro, pass to Cummins, he hits Keohane streaking into the area, great look at goal... he hits the crossbar. That should be a goal 100% of the time, ouch.

15': Sercombe is hurt, he limps off the field and we play without him for a couple minutes, he does come back on and doen't seem slowed much, he'll stay in.

25': We build up down the right, passing into the center, Armstrong turns by his man, into the area... and hits the post with a shot. Unlucky.

30': We fall badly out of position after a throwin, Baldwin comes out a bit too far looking for a tackle, they get a through ball into the empty spot and a goal. Ugggh. 0-2

HALF: Very frustrating half, we hit the post twice, play rather well overall, but have two very slight lapses and they capitalize on both immediately. They do outshoot us 7-3 and have a 55% possession edge, but it felt more even than that, we'll see if we can make a run in the second half.

60': They win a corner, cross to the near post, headed away but not very far, they win a header around 15 yards out and put it in from there... falling totally apart here. 0-3

65': Davies in for Sercombe, Reid in for Cummins.

73': Tillson in for Baldwin.

And that's it. Awful performance.

Exeter 0 : 3 Newport

We are only outshot 9-5, but boy did Newport make the most of it today.

All four guys that played CB for me today end up with ratings under 6. Davies as a backup at CM gets a 4.4, Oakley 5.7. Just terrible really. Sercombe and Oakley combined for 6 tackles out of 11 attempts, an average amount for them, just when the ball did get by them and they got set up in their offense, they found success too easily.

We drop one spot to 14th, this area of the table is crowded, it'll be hard to move up into the top 10, but pretty hard to fall below 16th or 17th too.

Injury Update

CM Liam Sercombe will miss 5 days. Not bad.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote