View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You arrive at a flagstoned quadrangle. It is well lit by street lanterns, which hang from the first-floor balcony of a large and unusual building. Constructed of blue stone, with silver and scarlet veins running through it. The bricks have been polished to give a mirror-like shine. A huge wooden door banded with copper dominates the entrance, above which a bronze cast depicts a flaming broadsword with the words 'TEMPLE OF THE SWORD' engraved along the blade.

Beyond the temple, a street ascends to a stone watchtower. It is built on the peak of a hill and dominates the town.

I choose to use Pathsmanship and it tells me that the symbol by the temple says they will offer free food and lodging to travelers, but usually only temples away from cities will do so, since there could be a large number of people who want food and shelter. Before I find a place for the night, let’s check in and see what we can see. I go to the watchtower. I find some gruff and unaccommodating soldiers guiding it. I choose to show the Pass.

They barely blink an eye and tell me that the Shieldmaiden won’t be back until tomorrow. Well, time to check out that temple.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote