View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Twilight is approaching. As the sky above darkens, a black bird flies among the upper branches, emitting a shrill cry, which sounds unnaturally loud in the silent forest. It settles, stares at you for a few minutes, then flaps away. A little later you stumble upon a clearing. Shafts of ghostly moonlight pour through a gap in the black canopy of leaves, revealing a mound of earth, rising out of the forest mist. You are both exhausted after the day's events and agree to stop here to rest. Paido takes a Gold Crown from his pocket and tosses it in the air to decide who should take the first watch. 'Heads or tails?' he asks, the Crown clenched in his fist.

I use Divination and tell that it is heads. Which do I call. I take heads and get second watch, and I gain 3 EP from the rest. I am fully healed now, including the mental damage which healed with that.

Grey trees. That’s all there is. Grey trees. Boring. Paido says we are approaching the Danarg crater. I say more grey trees. After some time we come across a swampy area with whirls and eddys below. don’t want to go there, so do I go south, north or use Pathsmanship with Tutelary rank (telescopic vision). It tells me that north there are some swamp creatures. Go south or north and fight them. Let’s not be stupid, south.

We continue through the scum and Paido wants dry land, and we soon come across a spur of volcanic rock. South or west along it. West is the way to the center of the Danarg, so we keep going that way. After a bit we are back in the mire. I have to eat a meal but Huntmastery gets me one even here.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote