View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #244
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It narrows and we begin to ride along the River Churdas. After an hour, we spy a village along the river. I am asked if I have Divination and the rank of Primate. Yup. It tells me there are enemies in the village. I choose to explore it. It appears to be deserted and then I can make out the sounds of Giak voices.

Quote:

Silently you slip from the saddle and peer around the corner. In the middle of the street beyond, a company of Giak scouts are sifting through items they have looted from the village. Two of the evil creatures are loading their booty on to the back of a Kraan, a large, black-winged creature, while the others cram their ill-gotten gains in their pockets and packs. What they cannot carry they delight in despoiling, leaving behind a trail of filth and debris in the buildings they have ransacked.

'Oka der!' shouts their officer, brandishing a long, black sword with a jagged edge. 'Akamaza ek!' His greedy soldiers are reluctant to obey his commands, but a few blows with the flat of his blade quickly change their minds. Muttering and snarling, they scurry off into a side alley, reappearing a few minutes later astride large, grey wolves. 'Rekenara kluz!' growls the officer, and the pack ride out of the village, heading north along the bank of the River Churdas.

The Kraan and its two riders take to the air, but the beast is so overburdened with loot that it cannot clear the rooftops. Frantically it beats its leathery wings, hovering erratically just a few feet off the ground. The Giaks urge it on with kicks and punches, but to no avail. Suddenly it lurches forward and the Giaks tumble headfirst on to the cobblestones a few feet from where you stand. 'Orgadaka!' they cry, as they catch sight of you and Banedon hiding at the corner.

I choose to use a bow. My arrow pierces one’s heart. I choose to use it again. The other Giak is running. I roll a die. I pierce its throat and it dies. I search the bodies of the Giaks. I find the following:

Enough food for 6 Meals (Meals)
Dagger (Weapons)
Sword (Weapons)
Silver Candlestick
Lantern
Brass Whistle
Blanket
Silver Goblet
Silk Jacket
Torch
Crystal Decanter

I can take any of it. I take the Candlestick, Decanter, Goblet, Jacket, and the Brass Whistle again. The track winds through the village and back to the main road to Tahou.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote