View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #92
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I have been along for the ride with FHM since it was first announced. Did a lot of beta testing on it as well, and to be honest it is not looking good right now.

The game was released way, way, way too early. Probably should not have released it all this year and just went for a release next fall with the beginning of the 2014-15 NHL season. My sentiments are along the same lines as others on the OOTP forums in that when you pay full price for a game you expect something that is at least moderately playable. A game that crashes constantly over 3 months after release has no business being on the market.

I have no doubts that the dev team will get it all figured out and future versions will be much better, but this was a disaster of a start for them.

It's too bad they went for the release in September come hell or high water approach. It seems like other games have been successful following the paid alpha/beta at some discounted rate then you get the full game when it's ready approach. If they went for the latter they could still be in beta now and I think the tune of the forums would be a lot different. It's too bad because the game has many good things in it. It's just a bit of a hot mess.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote