View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 12:25 PM   #4124
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Of the 2, I think Trump needs a teleprompter more just to stay on track and not turn away voters. The whole Biden teleprompter thing is surreal. He made it through the debates while getting stronger in each one. He was great in the town hall. Trump was awful in the 2016 debates and awful in his town hall.

This and you know which one is going to be better prepared. Trumps short attention span is well documented and you know he will just spout general talking points, that will become more outrageous the further he deviates from anything his team prepares.

Biden, I would hope, will be armed with more actual facts to counter this nonsense and hopefully he stays on track, which I think he will based on his experience.

In the end, i really don't see the debates changing very many minds unless one or the other has either a once in lifetime performance, or flames out in spectacular fashion. And the best chance I see for that is Trump doing the latter, especially if Wallace holds his feet to the fire on some of his bullshit.