View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 02:41 PM   #342
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

February 1, 2025
Antonio Mayes decides to commit to Virginia.

There is one more player left in the pool that I'm willing to recruit, and he's going to be a long shot. Justice Daniels, a 6'11" power forward from Virginia, is weighing offers from Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Maryland. We're next on Justice's list, and I know what I said earlier about luring away players with offers in hand from schools they say they prefer: don't do it.

Here's how the four programs compare. They're listed in the order Justice lists them on his "Top Schools" list. The number in (parentheses) is the program's rank in its conference.

Code:
PROGRAM CONFERENCE COACHES PRESTIGE FACILITIES Virginia ACC Darren Bryant (100) 52 83(7) Jerry Fuchs (58) Virginia Tech ACC Elias Wynne (4) 60 67(10) Joshua Huss (81) Maryland ACC Charles Estes (24) 78 89(6) Bernie Levesque (100) Lafayette Patriot League Graham Sims (92) 80 58(1) Zane Lockhart (95)

I'm going to shoot my shot. Our facilities don't compare well to those at the ACC schools, but we have a better recruiting team. Darren Bryant and Bernie Levesque are irresistible, but the Sims/Lockhart duo are nearly as good. They can remind Justice that the Leopards have played in 10 consecutive NCAA tournaments. Virginia, remarkably, has never been invited to the Big Dance.

Let's see how it goes.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote