View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #607
Radii
Head Coach

New Signing

-- We pay $70,000 to Dag & Red for 18 y/o GK Dominic Johnson. This is the cheap backup that I was able to get ahold of to keep our youth pull training without having to worry about randomly getting called up to the Championship. He's not great but he's ok. 13 aerial ability/10 command of area/11 communication. 12 handling/14 reflexes. He'll do ok in a pinch. He's a young guy and maybe will train a little with us, he's only making $775/wk.

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

The winner of Cardiff/Ipswich is going to play host to Man City in the next round.

Loan Acquisition

Another mistake on my part here, this one works out hugely in my favor. I don't know what the international loan rules are, we have Gudmundsson from the Dutch leagues and Jordan Ford is from Scotland. The 4 young loaner rule is just for English players. So I could actually offer the "other" AMC target that I was going after a loan for the rest of the year as well. Ford will play MC primarily and this new guy will play a lot of AMC. Welcome 17 y/o AMC Steve Mills to Ipswich for the rest of the year! He's a reserve at Wolverhampton worth $4.1M. He's not the fastest guy in the world, 9 pace/10 accel. But he's got a lot of skills. 15 dribbling/13 finishing/14 first touch/14 passing/14 technique/16 crossing. 17 teamwork, lots of other mental abilities in the 13-15 range. I'm a lot more excited to have Mills than Ford.

-- Hopefully this covers our depth problems until our injured guys come back.

January 13th, 2018

Woking(5-1-20, 23rd) @ Ipswich(16-6-4, 3rd)

We're 1:6 favorites here, Woking are 10:1 to win. They are 8 points behind 21st place Fulham. They're not staying up unless something miraculous happens.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Bruce/Gudmundsson/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Ford
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Jordan Ford gets his first start, and its really, really nice to see Khan/Constantino up front today in the starting lineup. We'll attack at home today.

4': We win a ball off a goal kick. Donnelly to Khan, he's about 35 yards out. He avoids a tackle and sprints by his man, he's into the area and beats Lynch for an easy goal. 1-0

11': Ogogo with a yellow for tackling Khan.

20': Paulo randomly decides to shoot from 30 yards out, it hits the crossbar, close!

27': We have a throwin in their end, Constantino gets the ball and runs around their defense for awhile, he passes back to Kirkland, he crosses in, Khan is there, heads it... into the net! 2-0

34': Paulo with a ball into the left corner, Khan is out there, he retrieves the ball, crosses into the area, Gordon puts it into the net! 3-0

42': Ford tries a through ball, its blocked, the ball falls back to Donnelly who shoots from 25 yards out and he buries it! Poor Woking. 4-0

HALF: Poor Woking. What else is there to say. I get Steve Mills in for Gordon at AMC, Jack Hughes in for Kirkland at DL. Both get their first ever action for Ipswich.

56': They randomly get a goal from Don Cowie, a great strike from 25 yards out, I have no idea who he is! Harsanyi got the assist there. 4-1

63': Mills with a pretty pass into the area for Constantino, Constantino buries it, 1st assist for Mills! 5-1

68': Danny Graham is in for Khan, resting him up for our Cardiff rematch.

83': Vince Taylor brings down Constantino in the area. Our new guy Jordan Ford takes the PK, I'll have to check that to make sure its right. He buries it. 6-1

Easy win. Sorry Woking

Ipswich 6 : 1 Woking

Man of the Match: Matthew Khan (9.3)
Goals: Khan 2, Constantino (9.1), Donnelly (8.4), Ford (7.9), Gordon (7.6)
Assists: Berthet (8.2), Kirkland (7.6), Constantino, Khan, Mills (6.9)
Notables: Murphy )7.0), Bruce (7.4), Gudmundsson (7.4), Paulo (7.3)

-- Neil Gordon and Gordon Donnelly both score their 25th career league goals today.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote