View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #612
Radii
Head Coach

Something to think about going forward, especially as I continue to sit in 2nd place. I'd really kinda rather not promote to the EPL this year. I don't know if I could stomach actually tanking games to make sure I don't, but as Ipswich continues to hold second place as we hit the end of January I wonder if this could make the end of the season interesting.

I just took this job and the team is massively in debt and was over budget in a crippling fashion. Its great that we've done well and we have a lot of young exciting players, but I really just want to stabilize things this year and get an understanding of what management will expect after a full season of profit and finances being in control.

I guess the reason I mention this now is that in the last week of January I'm choosing to stand pat. I could try to go out and get another loaner or two to push us through this patch of injury problems and push us to the next level. Instead we're going to heal up and ride it out with the roster we've got. If I was pushing as hard as possible to promote I dunno if I'd make the same decision.

/shrug!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote