View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #54
PilotMan
Head Coach

So I'm playing 2 different games of FM. One is in 14 on my laptop and the other is FMH 13 on my Nexus. I get hooked into one then forget what I was doing in the other. Lol. Hard to keep them apart even though one is England and the other is Northern Ireland.

I'm having a blast playing in NI, but this post is about my FMH game. I swear I think this thing is broken. I'm playing as Maidenhead and it's 2020. I've taken this team from the BSS to the Championship. This is our second trip to the Championship. Last season in League 1 we absolutely crushed the division. I think we scored somewhere close to 150 goals.

I wasn't expecting to do as well this season as we have. Currently we ride in first but we are nowhere near ready for the Premiership. Anyway, we got stuck with Man U in the 4th round of the FA Cup, but at least the game was at home along with our packed 12k fans. Went with a 4-2-3-1 formation in an effort to pack the back and hope for a counter. My keeper, who is only valued at 80k but is the team captain played is heart out and we played to a 0-0 draw.

Two weeks later we played the return match in front of 75k at Old Trafford. I set up the same formation and tactics with a couple of personnel changes. We got the first goal at about 12 min. I knew what was coming next and boy did it ever.

Manchester got it back in about 2 minutes. We picked up our second goal just before the half and carried the lead at the break. The second half was just nails. They came hard at us. I tried to keep my guys fresh and sub out guys who were tired but about the 85th minute we just couldn't manage any longer. I was disheartened. I had subbed everyone out, I knew there was no way we were going to hold on now.

We played into extra time and suddenly nothing was happening. We played to half, and then to the end of regulation with a 2-2 tie.

We were up first for PK's and I've never seen our keeper stop one and I've never seen our team take them so this can't be good against Man U. We score, they score and so on. Nobody misses after 5 tries.

We go 6, they go 6. We go 7 they step up and miss.

Holy crap my little team from Maidenhead just beat Manchester United at Old Trafford in the FA Cup. My reward?

Arsenal. First place in the Premiership.

Fuck yeah.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote