View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #554
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 1, 2014 (afternoon)
Blyth (10-10-11, 13th BSBN) at Hinckley (11-9-11, 10th BSBN)
We're a 5:4 favorite at home against a high-scoring outfit. We'll open 4-4-1-1 again, Counter this time. We beat them 2-1 earlier in the year on a brace from Cofie while allowing only an own goal.

GK: Dovey
D: Deen-Conteh, Paul, Seidu, Groves
MF: Higgins, Ahmed, Smyth, Moke
F: Whitaker, Cofie
Available Subs: (Saywer, Nightingale, Rickard, Mutero, McDonald)

9' - Deen-Conteh is fouled, the second Hinckley yellow card of the match is handed out
14' - They slip a runner past Seidu but shoot wide
23' - Moke misses a shot high & wide
26' - Farrell puts them in front with a header off the bar (0-1) ... switch to Standard
28' - Moke is slammed down from behind on a run, Hinckley's third yellow. Deen-Conteh picked one up earlier as well
38' - Moke heads a loose ball out to Ahmed at the point, he has a go from 25 yards out ... SCORES !!! (1-1)
43' - They miss a dangerous shot just wide
44' - Dovey makes a save

Halftime - I tell them I know they're capable of even better. Shockingly, Cofie is "looking uninterested" (his 6.0 shows that).

46' - Smyth shoots one wide ... switch to Counter
59' - Farrell sails a free kick high & over
60' - Sub Mutero (for Cofie, 5.7)
74' - Ahmed fires from outside, somehow manages to hit the corner of the post and the crossbar ... they clear the rebound
75' - Sub Rickard (for Higgins) ... shift Whitaker to ML, Mutero to AML
78' - Kerwin fouls for the second time in a minute ... long discussion ... that's his second yellow card and we're a man up ... Switch to Standard
79' - Mutero header in traffic is high & harmless
90' - Three minutes of added time ... switch to Attacking
90:46 - Whitaker shot skims the crossbar
92:31 - Smyth turns the ball over at midfield ... Broderick splits Paul & Seidu ... Dovey heads out to meet him ... a 20 yard strike is in (1-2)

Full Time: Hinckley 2 - Blyth 1

March 1, 2014 (postmatch)
I have no words. I let another coach express our disppointment. Cofie (5.7) and Paul (6.0) were bad. Ahmed (7.4 and MOM) and Deen-Conteh (7.1) were good. The rest were mostly okay but not good enough. What a bad way to see our streak end.