View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #556
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 3, 2014 (morning)

As you might have suspected would happen, 17 y/o ST Bobby O'Halloran is the newest member of the Blyth Spartans. He signed a youth contract first, then agreed to his first professional deal that will keep him here through 2017.

March 5, 2014 (evening)
Our Reserves play a group match at FC Halifax, winning 1-0

Johnson-Cole finally gets one to go in at 36'. That's enough for our underdog effort to succeed. The only goal nets WJ-C MOM honors (7.3) with good outings from Thomaspon, Foot and Williams in particular. Only McGovern (6.2) kinda stunk. We should have scored more, but we scored enough.

March 6, 2014 (morning)
We get a report on Aziz Deen-Conteh's international outing for Sierra Leone yesterday. He had a 6.7 rating playing the entire length of the 2-2 draw vs Chad in the African Cup of Nations Qualifying match. He is the fourth Spartan to see international duty this season. (McKeever / Northern Ireland U21, Seidu / Dem. Rep. of Congo U20, Cofie / Ghana U20)

March 7, 2014 (morning)
DL Joe Henderson wants first team football. That'd be fine if he hadn't largely sucked when given the opportunity. 4 appearances this season with a 6.18 avg rating. His debut last year was even worse, a 5.70. So I'm being asked to play a game who has 5 starts and a total 6.08 match rating. I expect him to be a professional and get on with his job.

Mar 7, 2014 (evening)
Our U18s played a fitness friendly at lower division side Morpeth, drawing 1-1 (apparently I didn't attend). In an odd occurrence, seldom used GK Rob Fry suffered a broken finger in the 50th minute & will miss 6-7 weeks.