View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #558
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 10, 2014 (morning)
We've reached agreement with backup GK Nathan McDonald on a new deal that will keep him here through next season.

Mar 11, 2014 (morning)
We have reached agreement to bring in Italian DC Michelle Fornasier on a four week trial. He would be, on paper, our best central defender but we'd like to see that in action. And there's enormous questions about whether we'd be able to reach terms we can afford. But first things first.

March 12, 2014 (evening)
ML Andrew Higgins is concerned about his expiring contract & would like to improve terms. I agree to make him an offer within the month. I'd love to do that in fact ... but he is "not currently interested in entering into contract discussions" with my club. This has been going on for several months now, it's an annoying little bug.

March 13, 2014 (morning)
AssMan Jonathan Worthington lets me know that over a dozen youth candidates have been given trial contracts. He singles out DC Greg Wright as having the potential to be one of the most gifted players in our youth ranks in recent years.

Let's have a look see. A pair of GK, 1 DR, 3 DL, 3 DC, 1 DM, 3 MC, 1 AML, 2 ST. Nothing below a half yellow star, Wright is a 2 yellow star and a tall drink of water at that (6'3, 194 lbs).

I'm a bit incredulous that we've scheduled them against our current U18 squad for a friendly just two days before the U18s go on the road to play a group match.

March 13, 2014 (evening)
Our Reserves played a fitness friendly at Whickham, winning 1-0.

Loudon buries a PK at 34'. DL Joe Henderson inexplicably gets a deserved red card at 58' for elbowing an attacker in the face, a major WTF moment. We park the bus and hold on. Fornasier and Williamson played well, Slaughter, Davies and Clarke-Harris did not.

March 14, 2014 (morning)
I issue Joe Henderson a formal warning for his violent behavior. He accepts it, is willing to control his temperament in the future. I've rarely done that sort of thing but, seeing it, a warning was at very least needed.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-29-2014 at 09:29 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote