View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #559
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 14, 2014 (evening)
Our U18s played our youth intake candidates in a friendly exhibition. We encourage them not to hurt anybody. Also have to manage the bodies here, there's a U18 group match in two days. A scoreless draw until extra time when Egbeku stole the ball from Wright near midfield, dribbled into the area and calmly stuck it in the back of the net for a 1-0 lead and win.

March 14, 2014 (late night)
Ironically perhaps, it was the highly touted DC Wright that turned the ball over for the eventual match winning goal. The real standout from the outing, in a positive way, were 16 y/o GK Ross Cook who faced 15 shots (6 on target) and had a clean sheet until extra time.

AssMan Worthington now says we should sign: DM Kyle Mitchell, DC Greg Wright, ST Jeff Hunt, DC/MC Martyn Sadler, and DMC/MC Barry Saunders. He think DC Jamie Speight (who probably had the 2nd best performance for the group) and ST Deane Murphy should be kept on for youth team depth next season. I'll assess a bit more and then make decisions.