View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #571
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

April 8, 2014 (morning)

Trevor Mutero decides to take his complaints about playing time to a national newspaper. Let's keep in mind, his last 5 outings have the following ratings:
6.0, 6.3, 6.6, 6.1, 6.9. And hasn't been willing to discuss extended his expiring contract for months. And he hasn't scored since before Christmas despite five starts and four sub appearances since then.

Apr 8, 2014 (evening)
Our supporters paper is oh-so-helpful. They decide to run a poll about whether Mutero should be on the first team regularly. 89% say Yes.
W.T.F. ? What part of "he doesn't produce" fails to get through to people?

Also, DC Michele Fournasier has complete his trial and left the club. The 20 y/o Italian is WAAAAAAY better -- on paper -- than anyone we have at any position (5 yellow stars for ability and potential) but showed little other than rare flashes of that in match action. Medicore performance definitely did not warrant the sort of contract demands he had, something along the lines of double even our highest allowed salary.

And, from the physios, Dean Goodall -- who just returned from missing nearly two months with an injury -- stubbed a toe in a training session collision with Michael Wilson, he's out 6-8 days.