View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #578
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 21, 2014 (afternoon)
Blyth (11-14-14, 14th BSBN) at Boston Utd (8-12-19, 21st BSBN)
Quick turnaround and we're actually 13:8 underdogs at home to a team facing relegation. Given the lineup we'll use I can't say that I find fault with the odds. We REALLY need to win this. We'll open 4-4-1-1 Standard again, hope for the best.

GK: Dovey
D: Carruthers, Seery, Seidu, Nightingale
MF: Musungu, Harrison, Smyth, Janneh
F: Paratore, Cofie
Available Subs: (Sawyer, Ahmed, Branker, Deen-Conteh, McDonald)

2' - Musungu works his way past two defenders on the flank, whips a pass into the box for Cofie ... GOAL !!!! (1-0)
8' - Long ball into the right side of the area, Cofie chases it down, passes into traffic ... Paratore shoots ... GOAL !!! (2-0)
13' - Counterattack by BU, they quickly race down for a score (2-1)
22' - Harrison draws a yellow card for tripping. Funny how the three hard fouls by BU got off with a warning.
24' - Carruthers gets a yellow as well. I smell homecooking.
28' - Another hard foul by BU, another "warning"
29' - Switch to control, let's see if we can shorten the game a bit, switch to More Cautious tackling
30' - Saw it coming and sure enough ... Harrison bumps into a BU player at midfield, there's his second yellow card, we're down a man. Unbelievable.
31' - Switch to a 4-4-1 Contain ... shift Paratore to MC
34' - A header from BU goes wide
42' - Header off a BU corner goes high

Halftime - We'll have to show a world of heart here. I'm still living, cursing the son of a motherless goat of a referee. We'll try to get a little more out of the makeshift lineup before looking to sub

66' - We almost made it but Nightingale's centering pass (instead of just putting the ball out of play) was intercepted and Henry-Francis scores again to knot the match (2-2)
75' - Free kick for BU comes to nothing
75' - Sub Deen-Conteh (for Carruthers 5.9) ... sub Branker (for Janneh, tiring)
83' - Dovey punches out Henry-Francis' try for a hat trick
89' - 3 minutes added time
90' - Sub Ahmed (for Paratore, tired)
91' - Dovey makes the catch to save us
91:30 - BU shoots wide
92:40 - BU is offside on a breakaway

Full Time: Blyth 2 - Boston Utd 2

April 21, 2014 (postmatch)
Amazing to get jobbed out like that. Unfuckingbelivable. Nightingale (5.0) was a disaster, Carruthers (5.9) wasn't much better. Harrison got screwed over by the crooked ref. Cofie (7.9) came through, as did Musungu (7.7) and Paratore (7.2). Branker made his league debut, a reward for his recent stellar play for the U18s. Stunned to escape with even a point as it turned out.