View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #586
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

May 3rd, 2014 (late night)
As the remainder of the results come in, we find ourselves finishing in 11th place with 54 points, a tie with Nuneaton settled in our favor by GD (-3 to their -5). Playoff clubs are Staylbridge, Barrow, AFC Telford and Droylsden, the last spot decided by GD over Gainsborough (+17 to +15). Relegated are Boston Utd, Worcester and Colwyn Bay.

May 4, 2014 (morning)
Much as we hate to do it, it's only realistic to conduct some unpleasant business now that the season has ended for League play.

We release versatile LD Richard Slaughter on a free, clearing $275/wk from our salaries. (Hey, that's 3% of our total weekly budget, every little bit counts around here). He's a bit incredulous at the move but it makes sense. He was here on a month-to-month deal and would not be resigned for next season. He's among the handful of players who has been with me throughout my Blyth tenure, appearing in 56 games with 1 goal, 6 assist and an overall avg rating of 6.62. This season he finished with only 10 appearances, 1 assist and a 6.48.

Less traumatic was the decision to go ahead & release Steven Morrison on a free. He was on a p/a deal, played in only 4 matches this season, compared to 24 last year. Lifetime rating for us was 6.62

Several players who will be out of contract soon that we would be interested in retaining are not willing to discuss the possibility. Those include AMC Danny Whitaker, GK Tamer Dalton, AMC Niall Smith, AML Trevor Mutero, and ML Andrew Higgins.