View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #590
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

May 7, 2014
Our Reserves played their final group match of the season vs Harrogate, winning 1-0.

We resisted the urge to stack the team, only Higgins from the first team comes down for this one. Scoreless at the half. 86' Kerrouche crossed from the right to just outside the box on the left, Higgins heads it into the net 1-0.

Considering we outshot them 11-3, didn't allow one on target all day and had 58% of possession it probably should have been a bigger margin but, hey, why be picky? And how wise do I feel about moving Higgins down for this match?

May 7, 2014 (evening)
We wind up 4th in Reserve Group 7 for the season, 9-2-7 with 33 goals scored and 27 allowed. We closed strong, losing only once in our final six matches, with three shutouts in that span.

Niall Smith leads the Group in assists (5), Shane Bennett leads in Pass Completion percentage (79%).

Rotherham wins the Group by going 14-3-1 while Gateshead brought up the rear witha poor 2-3-13 record.