View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #599
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed Jun 25, 2014

The minimum expectation from the board is that th eteam achieve a safe position within BSB North this season.

Those expectations bring a transfer budget of $803 and a payroll of $8.25k /wk, a reduction of about $175/wk from where we were.

We'll stick with that since a) my contract expires at the end of the season, and b) guaranteeing a top half finish brings only $250/wk in extra salary. Not worth it.

Youth players promoted due to age include Nightingale, Smith, Branker, Weaver, Scully, Wallace, Wilson, Fry, Wheeler and Ferguson.

Youth contracts expiring include
Farren who won't discuss
Cresswell & Wilson who we don't offer
Folan, Bashford and Nwachuku whom we tender small offers

Thu Jun 26, 2014
Oh yeah, the BSB North schedules have been released now. We'll open at home against Barrow on Sat August 9th, ending the year at home against Kidderminster on May 2nd 2015. New additions to BSB North this year are Cambridge City, Chester, Darlington, Histon and Stafford.

During my tenure this is the highest level reached for Stafford & Cambridge, Darlington has been BSB Premier in my career, Chester returns after being relegated two years ago, Histon returns having ridden the promotion up/relegation down train.

Thu Jun 26, 2014
Darlington have been made 5:4 favorites to gain promotion.
Other contenders are Histon 3:1, Kidderminster 5:1, Barrow 6:1, Chester 8:1 and Southport 10:1

We're given 40:1 odds meaning they believe relegation is a real possibility.