View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #71
PilotMan
Head Coach

The year is now 1985 and after 10 years of playing I decided it was time to stop watching on the sidelines and start winning. There were a number of teams that were searching for new GM's and after considering the possibility of where to live and the real thought of possibly going back to North Dakota I decided that the west coast was really where I wanted to be.

Thinking that the only way that this was going to work was if I'd just jump in with both feet into the place that needed me the most. I found my answer and it wasn't too hard. Napa here I come.

The Napa Owls have been historically one of the most dominating teams in their division. With 7 divisional titles in 10 years and 3 championships you would think that this team was one of least likely places that I'd need to show up. But that couldn't be further from the truth. This team had finished last in 2 of the last 3 years with 98 losses and one year, 40 games out of first place.

The team had little talent considering the money that they were pouring out for players. Old players with contracts that were hindering the team, but luckily for me an owner who still was willing to spend more. His expectations weren't that grand. Coming off of a 98 loss season he really wanted the team to player .500 baseball. I felt like that was going to be a tall order, but was willing to give it a shot.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-01-2015 at 06:55 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote